Halloween

Friday

"Pirates of The Carribean"
Me, Pat, Karen, Karin, Kathy

I love Halloween. I guess it's because it's this time of year that I feel comfortable in going all costume designer and exposing my inner actress and artist  to the world (or at the very least, my friends and family). For me, the Halloween season usually begins around the last week of September. Costume creation and/or theme planning is normally right up there on my priority list and I love it.

Not only do I like putting together costumes for myself,  but I get a kick out of creating something fun for others as well. Buying or renting a costume would take all of the fun out of it for me.

This Halloween, I will be in the hospital, working. I'm thinking that being approached by Cruella DeVille (or Snow White, for that matter) with a syringe in her hand as you’re connected to life support … loses it’s appeal for many. So I'll look forward to appreciating all the little ghouls and goblins that will come to my door for treats instead.

A few costumes from my collection have included…
  • Witch (a given...)
  • Geisha
  • Flapper
  • Snow Queen
  • Tippi Hedren in “The Birds” : blond wig, Chanel suit, dainty handbag
  • Star Trek alumni (Spock’s sister)
  • Zulu Warrior (one of 4 other tribe members)
  • Minnie Mouse
  • Dorothy - The Wizard of Oz
  • The Blues Brothers (I was Jake and Doug was Elwood) – a real crowd pleaser - Does anybody out there have a picture of us in this costume? Debbie? I don't have one.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean (one of 5 pirates – Girls Trip Bahamas 2008)
  • Little Red Riding Hood & The Big Bad Wolf
  • The Mario Brothers
  • Survivors of 'The Titanic' 

Medic & Minnie (Terry)
Zulu Tribe
Donna, Mo, Me, Eileen
Spock's Sister with  Lance & Catherine
Big Bad Wolf (disguised as Grandma) and Little Red Riding Hood
Cardiac Nurses in disguise - sometimes less is more.
Jag, Me, Peggy
Flapper, Witch, Geisha
Bobbie, Me, Jag
First Class Passengers of The Titanic

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!