The Anatomy of My "Masterpiece"

Friday

2003 
Blank canvas
2005 
Paint and Brushes 
2007
Class in painting with acrylics 
2009
Arkansas Road Trip
2010
Masterpiece completed

I understand that seven years is but the flap of a gnats wing when talking "art" so I guess I'm ahead of the game.

My 'Masterpiece' was created out of necessity. Our expansive, dull and boring living room wall was getting to me and on the advice of the fabulous Traci Connell with Connell Interiors, I was encouraged to purchase a large piece of art to place on the afore-mentioned wall. That was eight years ago.
Finding a painting my sweet husband and I both liked, for a price we felt comfortable with, proved futile. After attending various art fairs and galleries, it suddenly dawned on me that I could paint my own masterpiece. If it wound up looking stupid, I had the choice between displaying it or not. No big whup.

My inspiration began with a photograph from our Arkansas Road Trip. It was taken in the Fall of 2009.

A blank canvas and glass of wine... 
An outline and a little color...
And now, the reveal...
 "Arkansas Autumn"
by moi.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Heather said...

As someone who struggles to draw stick figures, I admire your guts for even giving this one a go!

The bonus? I think it turned out beautifully! Well done!

Kara said...

I am so proud of you for this picture!

Traci said...

It was worth the wait... I love it and it is perfect! Way to go, Joan!

joanyspot said...

Thank you! I'm so surprised it turned out so well!

Debby said...

You have the most amazing talent! You should have a reveal party and we can all come and toast your painting.. Then we could hear stories and we could drink summer beer!!!

Hugs.