What's Your Sign?

Friday

Throughout my life, I have been admittedly smug about the fact that I was considered a meticulous, reliable, practical, diligent, intelligent, analytical, perfectionistic, detail-oriented Virgo. Now, it comes to my attention that I am actually a bossy Leo. My charismatic, witty Gemini husband is actually a stubborn Taurus and my  trustworthy, understanding Pisces friends are really unpredictable Aquarians.What's up with that?

Brace yourselves people.

In the past decade we have had to familiarize ourselves with climate change, airport security changes, Islam and now.... the new astrological zodiac chart.

C'mon. I mean ... seriously?

According to Parke Kunkle, a well-respected astronomer from Minnesota, a new Zodiac Chart needed to be released. Based on his research into the earth's rotation (or whatever), there are 13 signs of the zodiac now. 'Ophiuchus' is the newbie. So, if you just happen to be born between Nov. 29 and Dec. 17 you are S.O.L. when it comes to pronouncing your sign's name and/or determining your sign's personality traits. I don't think he's gotten that far yet.


Capricorn: Jan. 20 – Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 – March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18- May 13V
Taurus: May 13- June 21
Gemini: June 21- July 20
Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29- Dec. 17 ?
Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Heather said...

As a fellow virgo (and birthday sister!), I have to say this has rocked me. I too have reveled in my perfectionistic, uber-analytical tendencies. Now what? While I'd love to be a bossy Leo (and probably secretly always have been), I simply refuse to change. I don't care how much of an expert this guy is.

Harumph!

joanyspot said...

I'm totally with you Heather! What kind of scientists does he think he is anyway?