Stephen D. Spotswood 1960-2011

Sunday


On Friday, April 29th

Steve had been asleep in his 'Barca-lounger' for six days.

Doug and I were on each side of him.

Holding his hands in ours.

We thanked him for his friendship.

We thanked him for adding color to our lives.
We reminisced about the good times we had together.

Doug thanked him for being a good brother. 

And then, without any sign of discomfort, he simply took his last breath.

May he rest in peace.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

bobbyhayes_3 said...

It is an honor to be the first to comment though it is through a blur of tear. Stephen was a very, very good friend that I met while working at North Lake College. We would spend hours in my office talking about superheroes, vampires, old movies and even a few of the new movies. Stephen was like a walking "IMDB" when it came to movies. He could recall so many facts about films it was amazing just to listen to him. I am fortunate that a few weeks ago I was able to go and visit Stephen. It was like we were back in my office again. We talked about movies, TV, the books he was working on, and concluded with talking about the new Thor movie. It was my hope that if he felt up to it we could take him to go see the movie.
I miss my friend very much. Some days he was the only bright point of the day and I am very thankful for that. Thank you Stephen for allowing me to be a part of your life and the friendship you gave to me.
Bobby Hayes, North Lake College

joanyspot said...

Bobby - Thank you for your kindness and friendship to Stephen, know that he felt the same about you.

Heather said...

Joan,

My deepest and sincerest condolences go out to you, your husband and all of Stephen's loved ones.

I'm sure your love and compassion for him in his darkest hour was felt deeply by him even if he couldn't express it to you.

From my own experience with times like these, they can be a blessing and a curse. I hope that you are able to laugh through the tears and able to remember all that he meant to you in the coming days and months.

Take care my virtual friend,
Heather

joanyspot said...

Heather, Thank you for your heartfelt compassion.