Weight Loss Wednesday: Week Two

Wednesday

Well Hell.

I have not lost an ounce despite monitoring everything I've eaten and working out religiously for the past four days.

"But, I thought you were reporting on the past seven days", you might be wondering.

OK - full disclosure time...I fell off of the proverbial 'wagon' last week  AWOL from the gym and eating with free abandon for three days showed up on the scale today.

Bottom line: you play...you pay. It is what it is.


So, I'm proud to say that I brushed myself off and got back on that wagon three days ago. I'm feeling good about that.

Years ago, following an unsuccessful weight loss week and/or a trip to the all-you-can-eat buffet, I would have thought "screw it", ordered a bacon cheeseburger with fries "to-go" and curled up with a pint of Haagen-das in front of the TV set before falling into a carb-induced coma.

Today, I'm aware of the fact that it's all about "consistency".

Consistently eating burgers,fries and ice cream = Weight Gain
Consistently controlling calorie intake and exercising = Weight Loss

The way I look at it is...I'll have good days and bad days but overall, my goal remains to be healthier and lose 18 more pounds.

Gotta go to the gym now... How did you do?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Heather said...

Way to go! Don't you just hate that damn wagon!?!

Ok, so haven't done so well on recording what I've eaten and exercising because I've basically been on vacation since you issued your little challenge.

However, I did manage to lose some weight while on vacation! I attribute this to:

1) Eating more salads and fruit in order to be a good example to my "niece" that I took with me. (She's not really my niece, but my brother's wife's daughter...confused yet?)
2) The 300 stairs into and OUT of Mammoth Cave!! 25 stories down! Yikes!
3) Swimming in what I lovingly referred to as the old fat lady pool at the water park we went to.

So, I don't have any concrete numbers to share for sure, but I think I dropped about 3 pounds on vacation. Let's hope it hasn't creeped back on since I've been home the last few days. Blech!

joanyspot said...

Yay Heather!!!! I'll tell you what...get on the scale. Note your current weight. Now write down what your weight was 2 two weeks ago (by adding 3 lbs). Now you are on your way to reaching your goal too! Woop Hoo!