New York City...The Macy's Experience

Thursday

I had always heard going to NYC around Christmas-time was a very cool thing to do. I had no idea.
A sucker for sappy, tear-jerking Christmas movies with deep messaging, one of my all-time favorites is the original "Miracle on 34th Street" with Natalie Wood...
The movie was all about Macy's Department Store and its Santa. You probably know the rest, but if not - do yourself a favor and rent/borrow/download it - you'll be glad you did.
 They had me with ..."Believe".
I'm not a shopaholic. Never have been. 

That being said, walking into Macy's at Christmas-time was as close to a religious experience as I have had in a while.

Was it the colors? Or maybe the messaging? I don't know.

But after taking a moment to pause, breathe and get all misty eyed while standing in the middle of  Macy's Main Floor corridor - I realized that I too, drank the Macy's Kool-Aid.


And then there were the window displays...

My one-dimensional photos are a far cry from the magic of the window displays. While looking at them, think 'movement', 'music' and 'sparkles'.

As I was leaving Macy's ... The Salvation Army... ringing their bells to the rhythm of the Christmas beat...
I love New York.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!