Pinterestomania

Wednesday

It took me a little while to jump on the 'Pinterest' bandwagon.

A girl has only just so much time to eat, work, sleep, exercise, party-plan, blog and Facebook. Just sayin'. Adding yet another cyber-activity to my daily routine was asking a lot. But at the invitation and urging of Pinterestophiles out there, I accepted an invitation and began my Pinterestomania by 'just' browsing.

As if.

There is no way that one can 'just browse' Pinterest. Believe me.

For those of you who have yet to enter the world of all things Pinterest...it's like flipping through a magazine and cutting out the recipe, outfit, party idea, handbag, exercise routine, newest diet, yada, yada, yada ...and pasting them in a book, pinning them to a bulletin board or tacking them up on the refrigerator except  there is no pesky paste, pins or tacks to deal with. It's all done neatly on your Pinterest page where you choose to create categories or 'boards' for your stuff.

It took me a while.

I've got the hang of it now.

Pinterest 101

Let's say you found a great new recipe for chicken.
Click on the picture and you are directed to the recipe. Create a "Chicken Recipes" category (board) and "Pin it". There you have it. Your "Chicken Recipes" can now forever be neatly filed into your Pinterest page. Just log on to Pinterest and voila.

Yes, I have been known to my friends and family as teetering on the Obsessive-Compulsive brink on occasion. See: "An Organizing Fool"


That being said, my 'boards' include;
  • Fashion and Glamour
  • Fitness
  • Desserts
  • Home
  • Kid Stuff
  • Casseroles
  • Party Ideas
  • Dream Bath Ideas
  • Veggies
  • Holidays
  • DIY
  • Computer Stuff
...you get the idea. There was just not enough hours in a day for this girl to Pinterest adequately.

So I re-categorized my 'boards'...
  • Sunday: Home & Bath
  • Monday: Crockpot & Casseroles
  • Tuesday: Fashion & Beauty
  • Wednesday: Chicken
  • Thursday: Everything Else
  • Friday: Veggies
  • Saturday: Sweets

My point being.. I could just 'pin' to my hearts content, whenever the desire struck me. But, on a daily basis, I would set aside some time to read more about what I have 'pinned'...

Help Me.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

joanyspot said...

Post note: I have since given up on my daily pins...things were getting out of hand.