The Dark Side of the Moon

Monday



March 1973.

I was sixteen years-old - B.D. (Before Disco) - when Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon' changed my life.

OK, that might be a stretch - but the early 70's were all about Roberta Flack's "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face". Sammy Davis Jr's "Candy Man" and Looking Glass', 'Brandy', so when I first heard  'Dark Side of the Moon' in Brian Clem's basement - under a black-light (of course) ...well, you just had to be there.

My 'Dark Side of the Moon' Album eventually became my 'Dark Side of the Moon' CD and I still love listening to it. 

Timeless.

In the late 90's I learned of the Wizard of Oz/Dark Side of the Moon phenomenon... here's how it works...start playing 'The Wizard of Oz' movie - with the sound turned off. At the moment the MGM Lion roars for the third time, crank up Pink Floyd's Dark side of the Moon.
When you have some time to kill, try it. 
It's a hoot.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!