Tuesdays With Lola

Friday

As many of you know, I have recently become a "Lola" - see Her Name was Lola ... She was a Grandma.

Annslee Mae was born on January 30th to my handsome stepson, Ben and his lovely wife Kara and I get the opportunity to babysit!

I've got to admit that despite the fact of being an experienced E.R. Nurse for years, producing an educational video for new parents emergency pediatric care - [Infant Emergencies and CPR - When You Least Expect It...] and lecturing to seasoned nurses on the topic of pediatrics,


I was somewhat intimidated by our new eight pound bundle of joy. Ensuring the support of my sweet husband, who not only has real-life parenting experience but is also a firefighter/paramedic with a degree in respiratory therapy and making certain that my great next-door neighbor, Susan, who is an experienced mom, grandma and great grandma would be at home, I felt prepared to babysit the little darling. Safety overkill? I don't think so.

With a cradle, diapers, "Boudreaux's Butt Paste" and baby wipes at the ready, all I needed now,  was the baby... 
  
Annslee arrived at 7am.

Earlier, I had Googled "ways to stimulate a baby's brain" and was pleased to learn that we didn't just have to sit around and do nothing all day.
 
Doug played his guitar, Susan provided a cool baby activity center, I sang, danced and played Beatles tunes and Duke attempted to ingratiate himself towards her.




We had a great time together and I have a new BFF.

But where it all 'came together' for me - as to why grandparents really like being grandparents - was the part where her mommy came to pick her up and take her home.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Heather said...

Okay, the credit card in her hand? HILARIOUS!

Ya have to start them early, right?

Anonymous said...

How cute is that baby? Love the post.
Mary