Free Advice: On Falling in Love - Part Three

Friday

 
It was 1996 and my life was sounding a lot like the lyrics of a country song. My dear friend, Rob died in February, then out of the blue, I lost Betsy, my sweet three year old Australian Shepherd (her vet said it was a brain aneurysm) and my heart felt as though it had been run over by a freight train. I was as lost as I had ever been.
Betsy & Rob

After losing Rob, I cried, reflected, journaled and visited him at the cemetary.

Then, a few weeks later, just when I allowed myself to laugh again,  Betsy died.

I curled up in a ball on the sofa in the dark ignoring the phone and doorbell. Neighborhood kids left flowers from their garden on my doorstep. I was inconsolable and for the first time in my adult life that I can recall, I was vulnerable.

vul-ner-a-ble / adjective: 1. exposed to the possibility of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.

Little did I know that the missing link in my search for love was...vulnerability? Love: Part 4

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Heather said...

Oh my! How awful. I'm sure you felt like you couldn't breathe for fear that the next horrible thing was coming...

but maybe that's just me.

I can't wait to hear more of the story!