Free Advice: On Finding Love - Part One

Sunday

Before I get into full swing on this "Finding Love" series, I'm thinking it would be a good idea for you to review my posts on  "Falling in Love".

A long time ago, I had heard that love is all about timing but wasn't quite sure of what that really meant. Now I know it has a lot to do with ... "being mentally prepared for becoming emotionally involved".


We've all heard self-help gurus proclaim "You must learn to love yourself before you can love someone else. Yeah right. Color me stupid, but I never got it. How can one 'learn' to love themselves? You either do or you don't. What does that mean anyway?

During a period of profound loss, I received an equal degree of support from friends and family. It was then that I began seeing myself through their eyes. They loved me. Despite the fact that I was far from perfect, my intrinsic faults were not deal-breakers.

Look at yourself through the eyes of your friends and family. Who do you see?

Oh, and instead of "learning to love yourself", try..."learning to like yourself". It's a lot easier. Finding Love: Part 2

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!