Steve

Wednesday

Steve at his 50th Birthday Party - Murder Mystery Night
Our family is experiencing a loss. Our loss is the fact that my brother-in-law, Steve, is dying. He's fifty years old.

Three weeks ago, Steve was diagnosed with an "astrocytoma". In his case, this is a rapidly growing brain cancer and due to its size and location, it has been determined, that he will not survive this disease.

Our blessing, is that my husband and I have the honor of caring for him until he dies. Steve has moved into our home with us and we wouldn't have it any other way.

For now, Steve is comfortable and pain free. With the exception of sleeping for 12 to 16+  hours a day, it's hard to believe that he will be gone soon.

I'll keep you posted...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Heather said...

Joan,

I'm so sorry to hear about this certain loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ironically, my Uncle Steve died of brain cancer in 2000 after battling it for quite a while. He was only 52.

Know that you are doing a good thing for him.

Take care.

joanyspot said...

Thank you Heather. And how odd. Are we living parallel lives - just at different times?

Heather said...

If so, does that mean the man of my dreams is just around the corner? If so, I better get ready!!

joanyspot said...

Ahhhh, gwasshoppa - brace yourself for things to come...