The Women's Chorus of Dallas

Tuesday

Photo by Marius Masalar on Unsplash
This is a re-run of a post I wrote last year - I'm re-posting it because we have a concert coming up soon and I would love to see you there!

Thursday, March 5th at 730pm 
The Women's Chorus of Dallas will be singing at
The Moody Performance Hall
with The TWU Women's University Choir and The Dallas ISD Choral Students! 
Don't miss us!

Here's the link for tickets
 "Travelin' Voices - Voices of Women VI"

Let me know if you'll be there and I'll meet you in the lobby after the show!

➤ At the beginning of last year, I decided that it was time for me to sing in a choir.

     Because I love singing.

However, without any singing experience, nor any musical background or education I set the bar a little low and decided to look for (something along the lines of) your basic church choir - no mega church - just a Mom & Pop kind of church. That's what I was looking for. No pressure. Surely, church-people would be a forgiving bunch.

So I started looking around.

It soon became clear to me that church-choirs generally want their singers to be a part of their 'flock', so to speak. Fair enough. But evidently, I needed to give this church-choir thing some serious thought if I would be required to embrace a new religion. Maybe there was a non-secular choir out there?

Google popped up The Women's Chorus of Dallas and I got right on it. Contacted them, attended a rehearsal and info session. I heard the chorus sing "How Can I Keep From Singing" and I was hooked. That being said, I solidly braced myself for humiliation as the next step in becoming a choir member was by auditioning.

FYI: Don't search YouTube "Choir Audition" to prepare for a choir audition. I did. And heard a 9 year-old sing like Aretha Franklin. If it weren't for my husband encouraging me, I never would have auditioned.

The Women's Chorus of Dallas has been around for 30 years and is funded primarily by private donations. If you would can help support us so that we can continue making great music and representing Dallas...here a link to get you there... TWCD

Oh! And you have got to hear us! We don't suck!
 This clip is from Voices of Women Concert last year... 



A few photos of our performances from the past Spring Season...

Mother's Day - Texas Discovery Gardens, Dallas Tx

Carnegie Hall, New York City

Carnegie Hall, NYC

Hugh Jackman, American Airlines Center, Dallas Tx

The Women's Chorus of Dallas. It's been quite a ride!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Artemis55 said...

And we love having you with us!

joanyspot said...

Thank you! It has truly been a wonderful experience!