Shout Out for Colby...

Thursday

Yes, I am a sucker for a sad dog story and I am certain that is why I've been contacted twice about 'Colby', a soon to be orphaned beautiful, purebred Bermese Mountain Dog.

Just look at that cuddly furball...

Colby's family is moving away and can't take her with them. She is AKC registered and this little overachiever has even earned her Canine Good Citizen award!

Turning 8 years old in July, Colby is totally healthy and beautiful. Her lovely long coat allows her to live outdoors - except for needing shelter from extreme temperatures- such as a shed or covered porch.
She loves all other animals and people and there is not a mean bone in her body.

Here's the catch... Colby must be an 'outside dog' as she (along with many others of the female persuasion) suffers from bladder control issues that the vet cannot cure. Not such a bad thing though ...
  1. The endless 'dog-hair issue' in the house is moot
  2. Nobody wakes you up in the middle of the night to go outside.
  3. No worries about 'letting the dog out' when you are at work.
  4. You can eat in peace - without being 'stared down' with each bite.
So, if you are a good, kind and caring dog person who lives in the Dallas-Fort Worth area with a big backyard and would love a new soul to love you back... contact me at joanyspotswood@aol.com and I'll see if I can hook you up.
__________________________________________________________________________________


6/20/10 - Update
It's been several weeks now since I heard the sad news that Colby was euthanized. What more can I say?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Heather said...

Oh, I do love me some puppies! If only 1) he wasn't so far away, 2) didn't need a space outside, 3) I didn't already have a house full of animals, I would be on that in a second. He looks like a cutie!

Sarah@afterhood said...

So did Colby find a new home??