Do You Always Tell The Truth?

Monday


Do you always tell the truth?

Today's NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Monthly) assignment topic was found via my cyber-friend, Heather at http://growingplacesnow.blogspot.com. "Do You Always Tell The Truth?" A virtual kick-in-the-ass for those of us who may need it - creatively speaking.

God only knows I could use a proverbial "jump-start".

It seems to me that my most recent obsession with losing weight has seriously impacted my imagination. The process of logic (weight loss = less caloric intake + more exercise) is very left brain dominant and has caused me to be neglectful of my right brain. That being said...

Do you always tell the truth?

Uhhhhh. I try.


I admit that my past lies were conjured up to either prevent hurting someone's feelings or to elevate my sense of self-esteem. They were based on fear. Fear of losing love, friendship or self but in the end, these scenarios were not redeeming and caused me more distress than if I had come clean from the outset.

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." - Mark Twain

 With a certain degree of difficulty, I have learned that many people respond alarmingly well to the truth (if delivered delicately) and honesty about oneself is a characteristic frequently admired. Who knew? 

 "People who are brutally honest get more satisfaction out of the brutality than out of the honesty." 
- Richard J. Needham

Now, back to my assignment...I think today's topic has more to do with creating a work of fiction than a question to be taken literally. I'm not quite there yet but hmmmm, fiction... food for thought. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!