Weight Loss Wednesday: Week Fourteen

Wednesday

Has it been fourteen weeks since I started my most recent weight-loss journey?

It all started on July 6th, 2011 when my original goal was to lose 20 lbs by now. My total weight loss to date = 4 lbs. That's 0.28 pounds/week. I guess I really can't complain though...I could have gained 4 lbs if I hadn't been blogging about it. There is something to be said about being accountable.

While on the subject of accountability....this seems like as good a time as any to confess my recent obsession...
Cupcakes. Is it self-sabotage or just the lure of 'pretty' that draws me in?

My cupcake obsession started a couple of weeks ago while at the mall where I just happened to notice a new Cupcake Shop. Cute pastel-colored cupcake shops are springing up all over Dallas these days. I must say that the aroma of sugar, butter and vanilla really are intoxicatingly tantalizing for an addict such as I.

Needless to say, my 'inner child' came rushing out and before she knew it I was all over a Vanilla Sugar Cupcake like a monkey. It was fantastic.

My obsession began.

As there was no way in hell that I could justify making two cupcakes for 'Mr Something' and I, my justification for baking twenty-four cupcakes was on the auspice of "taking them to the neighbour's kids". There are exactly four kids on my street that I know personally. That would make five cupcakes per kid, right? But first I and 'Mr Something' would have to sample one (or two) just to be certain that they tasted good enough to give away...long story short - each kid ended up getting 3 cupcakes.

So what did I do with the other cupcakes? I feel confident they can be found in equal measure on each of my thighs.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!