Scarlett's 5th Year

Friday

 


She's a princess


A Warrior



A True Friend


A Loyal Sister
                                                           
Bobo (Mr. Something) and I decided we needed to see Scarlett and her sister, Violet more often as we had not been spending alot of time together.

Every week we would pick the girls up from Preschool and take them to a playground, then have dinner at our house. The girls were reticent on having us hug or kiss them.  After all, they didn't really know us well.  

Several weeks later, when Scarlett was going home, she turned around, gave me a big hug and said, "Aren't you glad you got to know us, Momo?"
     

          Imaginary play was a lot of fun for Scarlett. 


Bobo and Scarlett were in the throes of playing "Police and Criminal".  Scarlett, (the cop) jailed Bobo, (the criminal) and began her interrogation... 


Scarlett: "So, if you want to get out of jail, you're going to have to tell me what you did".

Bobo:     "Well, I asked my sister if I could have a drink from her bottle and she said 'No' but I                       did, anyway and I'm sorry."

Scarlett:  "Ok, What else?"

Bobo:     "Well, I asked my mom if I could have a cookie and she said 'No' but I took one                               anyway and I'm sorry." 

Scarlett:  Placing her hands on her hips, and leaning forward with her best cold cop-stare slowly said... "I'm. Going. To. Need. Something. With. A. Lot. of. Words."


___________________________________________________________________________


We placed a small pink "Naughty Chair" in our dining room as used it for 'time out'. The chair had never been used, as Scarlett responded well to rules. Every time she would come to visit, the 'naughty chair' lurked in the corner. One day, Scarlett looked at me and nodded towards the chair and said, "I don't think we are going to be needing that anymore."


__________________________________________________________________________


Scarlett wasn't having a good day and was angry with everybody in the house. She went to her room and slammed the door. A few minutes later, I noticed she quietly opened the bedroom door. A barrier had been built at the threshold. Her toys stood guard.



Scarlett loves music, rules, legos and order.

  And shares readily with and supports her sister - even if it's not reciprocal.


 Her future? Interior Design? Event Management?

AKA 'Momo'




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!